Immigration news‎ > ‎

An international graduate student wants to remain here with Canadian husband

posted May 7, 2011, 10:59 AM by Milorad Borota   [ updated May 7, 2011, 11:01 AM ]
Published On Sat May 07 2011
Allan Thompson Special to the Star

Q I am an international graduate student on a study permit here in Toronto and have married a Canadian citizen in the past year. My husband is also a graduate student. He was planning to sponsor my permanent residency under the Spouse in Canada class, but we halted our application when we noted that in order to be eligible to sponsor me, my husband needs to prove that he has sufficient income to provide basic requirements for me and to provide documents to show his financial resources for the past 12 months.

Read the whole article...